About the instructor
Shaikh Abdool Hamid has a B.A. in Islamic Studies from the Islamic University of Madinah, specializing in Hadith Studies.
Born in Guyana, South America
- Graduated from Madina University; specialized in Hadith Studies
- Currently a resident scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto
- Serves as an Islamic Counsellor with the Islamic Social Services and Resource Association (Toronto).
- Regular Khateeb and lecturer at several prominent mosques in and around Toronto
Taught the following courses at the IIT
- Arabic Language Certificate Program
- Science of the Qur'an
- Science of Hadith; Hadith methodology
- Fiqh of Ibaadaat (Salaah, Zakah, Hajj, Fasting)
- Seerah of the Prophet
- Lives of the Khulafaa ar Rashidoon
- Inheritance Laws
- Qur'an Memorization and Tajweed
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is also the spiritual guide for the IIT Hajj group which takes more than 75 Hujjaj every year to Makkah.
He also presents a bi-weekly Tafseer session at the IIT on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month.
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is married and has six children. He lives in Toronto, Canada.
Ramadan is an exciting time for Muslims worldwide, with over one billion Muslims engaged in fasting, prayers, attending mosques for prayers and other events on a daily basis.
For those who manage the mosques and institutions like the IIT, where a wide spectrum of services is provided it can get especially challenging. Volunteers have to consider logistics, facility readiness, security, crowd management, food preparation and much more!
The Ramadan Volunteer Training complements the Volunteer Meetings and Security Training with specific tools and tips to assist our volunteers to provide excellent service in the cause of Allah.
At the end of the training, volunteers will have an enhanced sense of the blessings and challenges of volunteering, and will be ready inshallah to embark on their service with excellence.