About the instructor
Shaikh Abdool Hamid has a B.A. in Islamic Studies from the Islamic University of Madinah, specializing in Hadith Studies.
Born in Guyana, South America
- Graduated from Madina University; specialized in Hadith Studies
- Currently a resident scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto
- Serves as an Islamic Counsellor with the Islamic Social Services and Resource Association (Toronto).
- Regular Khateeb and lecturer at several prominent mosques in and around Toronto
Taught the following courses at the IIT
- Arabic Language Certificate Program
- Science of the Qur'an
- Science of Hadith; Hadith methodology
- Fiqh of Ibaadaat (Salaah, Zakah, Hajj, Fasting)
- Seerah of the Prophet
- Lives of the Khulafaa ar Rashidoon
- Inheritance Laws
- Qur'an Memorization and Tajweed
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is also the spiritual guide for the IIT Hajj group which takes more than 75 Hujjaj every year to Makkah.
He also presents a bi-weekly Tafseer session at the IIT on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month.
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is married and has six children. He lives in Toronto, Canada.
This class with Sh. Abdool Hamid will focus on Tafsir (explanation of the Qur'an) and General Islamic Knowledge for deaf and hearing-impaired Muslims.
We will have some social interactions followed by Tafsir of short Surahs with ASL interpretation.
This class is FREE of charge and only for deaf or hearing-impaired Muslims. Childcare will be arranged.
Start Date: September 22, 2019