About the instructor
Shaikh Abdool Hamid has a B.A. in Islamic Studies from the Islamic University of Madinah, specializing in Hadith Studies.
Born in Guyana, South America
- Graduated from Madina University; specialized in Hadith Studies
- Currently a resident scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto
- Serves as an Islamic Counsellor with the Islamic Social Services and Resource Association (Toronto).
- Regular Khateeb and lecturer at several prominent mosques in and around Toronto
Taught the following courses at the IIT
- Arabic Language Certificate Program
- Science of the Qur'an
- Science of Hadith; Hadith methodology
- Fiqh of Ibaadaat (Salaah, Zakah, Hajj, Fasting)
- Seerah of the Prophet
- Lives of the Khulafaa ar Rashidoon
- Inheritance Laws
- Qur'an Memorization and Tajweed
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is also the spiritual guide for the IIT Hajj group which takes more than 75 Hujjaj every year to Makkah.
He also presents a bi-weekly Tafseer session at the IIT on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month.
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is married and has six children. He lives in Toronto, Canada.
Prayer one of the pillars of Islam and among the first obligations to be accounted for on the Day of Judgement. The Qur'an makes it clear: prayer has been enjoined on the believers at appointed times, and the prayer, if done in accordance with the spirit and form of the legislation, keeps one away from sins and transgression. The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is reported to have said: "Pray as you see me pray"
This introductory course covers all of the basic aspects of the prayer - from its importance to its timings and detailed rules.
Initially offered as an in-class and online course, these six recorded sessions will provide an excellent overview of prayers and will give the students the necessary knowledge to perform the prayers according to the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh).