About the instructor
Shaikh Abdur-Rahman Hakh was born and raised in Toronto and has was very much involved at the IIT growing up.
- He studied with local Mashyakh and enrolled in a full time Quran Memorization class, then went to study Arabic Language and Islamic Sciences in Madinah, Saudi Arabia
- He graduated from the Arabic Institute at the Islamic University of Madinah. He went on to the faculty of Law (Sharia) and graduated in 2018.
- Over the years he spent a lot of time studying Fiqh, Aqeedah, Hadith and other sciences outside of the university in addition to the university curriculum.
- He has dedicated time studying Fiqh, particularly with Sh Abdullah Zahim (Professor at the University of Madinah and Lecturer at Masjid an Nabawi) and Sh Ammir Bahjat (Prof. at Taiba University and Lecturer at both Masjid An Nabawi and Masjid al Haram)
- He also spent a great length of time studying various books in Aqeedah under Sh Abdur Razaaq al Badr (Professor at the University of Madinah and Lecturer at Masjid an Nabawi), as well as many other books in various Islamic sciences under various Shuyukh in Makkah and Madinah.
In his own words:
"Throughout my years in Madinah I have worked as an Imam/ Group leader for many Umrah and Hajj groups, Including Daresalam and Falcon travel. I have conducted lectures and tours around the Masjid an Nabawi and various sites in Madinah.
I also worked with Masjid Al Haram in Makkah in their translations department during Jumu'ahs, as well as peak seasons like Ramadan and Hajj to provide various services and guidance to the Hujjaj in English."
This course will cover the Fiqh of the day to day transactions that we all engage in. From contracts to business partnerships, this course will introduce you to the various financial concepts in islam and give you a basic level of understanding of Islamic finances.
We will also cover investments, loans, and various payments options. You will learn the principles that will enable you to clearly identify the different types Riba and how to avoid it. Join us for a four day course that will enhance your understanding and give you an insight of business transactions according to the Quran and Sunnah!