" A Fresh Start " is now heading into its 3rd consecutive year!
This sold out 1 year intensive program has helped dozens of Muslim high school students find purpose, identity and answers to some of Islam's most difficult and complicated subjects. These include:
- - The need for religion.
- The concept of God. Who is He? Proof of His existence.
- - Preserving and protecting the Islamic Identity. What is it and why do we need it.
- - Laws of Attraction and gender relations in Islam.
- - Open group discussions, case studies about day to day issues and thoughts.
Brand new addtions for 2018:
. - Complete in-depth study of the 99 Names of Allah.
- Introduction to Hadith Literature. Origins, nomenclatures of Hadith sciences and principals. ( Usool-Al-Hadith )
- A COMPLETE study of the classical work of " Riyad-us-Saliheen " by Imam Anawawi which will include topics:
and much more !
- The Book of Good Manners,
- The Book about the Etiquette of Eating
- The Book of Dress
- The Book of the Etiquette of Sleeping, Lying and Sitting..etc
- The Book of Greetings
- The Book of Visiting the Sick
- The Book of Virtues
- The Book of Knowledge
- The Book of Praise and Gratitude to Allah
- The Book of the Remembrance of Allah
- The Book of Du'a (Supplications)
- The Book of the Prohibited actions
- The Book of (asking) Forgiveness
- Ages 13-18
- Must agree to a " contract of commitment " signed by both, student and parents. - Must be able to recite the Quran with basic rhythm and Tajweed.
Capacity & Timings:- 40 students .
- Wednesdays 6pm -8pm
Location:Islamic Institute of Toronto - Library upstairs. islam.ca
Shaikh Musleh Khan was born in Madinah, Saudi Arabia. He was raised and is currently residing in Toronto, Canada. At college he studied computer programming and then went to work as a Fraud analyst.
In 2002 Shaikh Musleh was accepted at the Islamic University of Madinah where he completed a diploma in Arabic followed by a BA in Islamic Law from the faculty of Da'wah and Usool al-deen. He memorised the Qur'an with an ijaza and has completed a complete study of Sahih al-Bukhari.
Shaikh Musleh undertook a study of various Islamic books including those on Fiqh, Hadith, Aqidah, Tafsir. Futhermore, he took classes with various prominent scholars in the course of his time in Madinah, including Sheikh Mukhtar Al-Shanqiiti, Sheikh Muhsin Al-Abaad, Sheikh Abd al-Razak, and Sheikh Muhammad Shafi among others.
Upon graduating in 2011 he has returned to Canada and has plans to pursue a Masters at York University, Toronto. He has been very active in the Toronto vicinity for more than 10 years, having conducted khutbahs, classes, lectures and conferences, as well as various Islamic Intensive programs in the United States. Shaikh Musleh enjoys long-distance running and basketball. He loves to read and write in addition to spending time preparing for classes in Toronto where he and his wife reside.