About the Instructor
Shaikh Abdool Hamid has a B.A. in Islamic Studies from the Islamic University of Madinah, specializing in Hadith Studies.
Born in Guyana, South America
- Graduated from Madina University; specialized in Hadith Studies
- Currently a resident scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto
- Serves as an Islamic Counsellor with the Islamic Social Services and Resource Association (Toronto).
- Regular Khateeb and lecturer at several prominent mosques in and around Toronto
Taught the following courses at the IIT
- Arabic Language Certificate Program
- Science of the Qur'an
- Science of Hadith; Hadith methodology
- Fiqh of Ibaadaat (Salaah, Zakah, Hajj, Fasting)
- Seerah of the Prophet
- Lives of the Khulafaa ar Rashidoon
- Inheritance Laws
- Qur'an Memorization and Tajweed
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is also the spiritual guide for the IIT Hajj group which takes more than 75 Hujjaj every year to Makkah.
He also presents a bi-weekly Tafseer session at the IIT on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month.
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is married and has six children. He lives in Toronto, Canada.
Join us in one of the IIT's flagship programs on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month, as Shaikh Abdool Hamid discusses central concepts in the Qur'an.These sessions are meant to systematically explain the verses of the Holy Qur'an from the earliest sources, covering the reasons and context of revelation with supporting evidence from the ahadith, as well as deducing the laws and their implementation in contemporary society.