About the instructor
Shaikh Abdool Hamid has a B.A. in Islamic Studies from the Islamic University of Madinah, specializing in Hadith Studies.
Born in Guyana, South America
- Graduated from Madina University; specialized in Hadith Studies
- Currently a resident scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto
- Serves as an Islamic Counsellor with the Islamic Social Services and Resource Association (Toronto).
- Regular Khateeb and lecturer at several prominent mosques in and around Toronto
Taught the following courses at the IIT
- Arabic Language Certificate Program
- Science of the Qur'an
- Science of Hadith; Hadith methodology
- Fiqh of Ibaadaat (Salaah, Zakah, Hajj, Fasting)
- Seerah of the Prophet
- Lives of the Khulafaa ar Rashidoon
- Inheritance Laws
- Qur'an Memorization and Tajweed
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is also the spiritual guide for the IIT Hajj group which takes more than 75 Hujjaj every year to Makkah.
He also presents a bi-weekly Tafseer session at the IIT on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month.
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is married and has six children. He lives in Toronto, Canada.
How many times have you wished to get an understanding of the gist of the meanings of the Qur'an while it is being recited in prayer?
This course will explore the Arabic language as it is used in the Qur'an, with numerous examples of vocabulary, terms, concepts and the various shades of their meanings to provide a rich understanding of the dynamism of the Qur'an.
In this semester, we will introduce some basic Arabic Grammar to assist the student to independently explore the Qur'an.
By the end of the course, students will become familiar with words that are used frequently in the Qur'an and how related words can be easily recognized.
Prerequisite: Students who register for this course must be able to read and write Arabic and have a basic understanding of the language structure. This course will be most suitable for students who are currently studying Books 1-3 of the Madinah Arabic Books; however anyone can attend.