About the instructor
Shaikh Abdool Hamid has a B.A. in Islamic Studies from the Islamic University of Madinah, specializing in Hadith Studies.
Born in Guyana, South America
- Graduated from Madina University; specialized in Hadith Studies
- Currently a resident scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto
- Serves as an Islamic Counsellor with the Islamic Social Services and Resource Association (Toronto).
- Regular Khateeb and lecturer at several prominent mosques in and around Toronto
Taught the following courses at the IIT
- Arabic Language Certificate Program
- Science of the Qur'an
- Science of Hadith; Hadith methodology
- Fiqh of Ibaadaat (Salaah, Zakah, Hajj, Fasting)
- Seerah of the Prophet
- Lives of the Khulafaa ar Rashidoon
- Inheritance Laws
- Qur'an Memorization and Tajweed
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is also the spiritual guide for the IIT Hajj group which takes more than 75 Hujjaj every year to Makkah.
He also presents a bi-weekly Tafseer session at the IIT on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month.
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is married and has six children. He lives in Toronto, Canada.
Ramadan is one of the most important times in the life of a Muslim. It is a month of fasting, generosity, spirituality and good deeds.
How will you prepare for it?
Join us in this special 4 week course to explore the importance, blessings, rituals and rules pertaining to fasting, zakaat, Qiyaam, Lailatul Qadr and Eid al Fitr.
At the end of the course you will be ready to welcome Ramadan with the honour it deserves; and you will be transformed by the experience!
On April 12, we will have a special session by a medical practitioner, Dr. Roubiya Mohamed to challenge myths about Diet and Nutrition.