About the instructor
Shaikh Abdur-Rahman Hakh was born and raised in Toronto and has was very much involved at the IIT growing up.
- He studied with local Mashyakh and enrolled in a full time Quran Memorization class, then went to study Arabic Language and Islamic Sciences in Madinah, Saudi Arabia
- He graduated from the Arabic Institute at the Islamic University of Madinah. He went on to the faculty of Law (Sharia) and graduated in 2018.
- Over the years he spent a lot of time studying Fiqh, Aqeedah, Hadith and other sciences outside of the university in addition to the university curriculum.
- He has dedicated time studying Fiqh, particularly with Sh Abdullah Zahim (Professor at the University of Madinah and Lecturer at Masjid an Nabawi) and Sh Ammir Bahjat (Prof. at Taiba University and Lecturer at both Masjid An Nabawi and Masjid al Haram)
- He also spent a great length of time studying various books in Aqeedah under Sh Abdur Razaaq al Badr (Professor at the University of Madinah and Lecturer at Masjid an Nabawi), as well as many other books in various Islamic sciences under various Shuyukh in Makkah and Madinah.
In his own words:
"Throughout my years in Madinah I have worked as an Imam/ Group leader for many Umrah and Hajj groups, Including Daresalam and Falcon travel. I have conducted lectures and tours around the Masjid an Nabawi and various sites in Madinah.
I also worked with Masjid Al Haram in Makkah in their translations department during Jumu'ahs, as well as peak seasons like Ramadan and Hajj to provide various services and guidance to the Hujjaj in English."
Format: In-Class only with access to recording after each class.
This class is a continuation of the 'Fiqh of Business Transactions' course offered in the Fall of 2019.
While the Fall 2019 course is not a pre-requisite for this course, students are strongly advised to review the course material prior to attending the first class.
A summary of the previous course will be provided in the first week.